The Senior Account Executive, Investor Relations & Corporate Communications will work with clinical and commercially minded companies on diverse communications programs, including developing investor relations and corporate communications strategies, investor outreach and engagement, investor and corporate communications planning and execution, quarterly earnings, investor event planning, and account management. The ideal candidate is an agency minded professional with interests in health who seeks opportunity to utilize prior learnings and build a career in a progressive specialty agency serving clients in health and science innovation. This opportunity is hybrid with three days per week in our New York office.
The successful candidate will be a relationship manager who supports senior account leaders to manage and support client accounts in investor and corporate communications. The relationships manager will be a proactive team member with experience in time management and project management as well as an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team to execute and seamlessly deliver investor and corporate communications strategies designed through our trademarked, proprietary LHS Immersion® messaging and positioning process.
Role requires critical reasoning skills, strong organizational and communications skills with experience in life science, banking, financial services, or IR. Advanced degree in business/finance a plus. Candidate must be deadline driven with a desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment working with C-suite.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Investor Relations/Corporate Communications
- Support the development and execution of investor strategic communication plans.
- Investor targeting, outreach, and investor meeting tracking.
- Perform investor perception audits.
- Support quarterly earnings processes.
- Draft investor materials including corporate presentations, press releases, backgrounders, website content, and more.
- Target, plan, and execute on investor conferences and other events including non-deal roadshows and investor events.
- Flawless execution of client strategies.
- Opportunity to act as day-to-day lead on designated account(s).
- Works with clients to discern messaging of product(s), data as well as business unit/corporate messaging.
- Assists in development appropriate strategies to communicate client stories to investors.
- Understands competitive landscape of clients.
- Understands IR for therapeutic/diagnostic/medical technology product(s) and how to position leading up to commercialization and/or partnership.
- Assists in managing client budgets and expectations.
- Builds relationships based on trust and respect with clients through proactive communications and research into areas where clients are working.
- Works collaboratively with the team on developing health and science focused press releases, fact sheets, and other client documents.
- Ensures documents are finalized through internal protocols to provide clients with error free documents.
- Identifies the most effective tools to get the best job done for clients within a reasonable budget.
- Oversees client timeline and monitors client and competitive news.
- Participates in brainstorming sessions to create opportunities for visibility for clients or to properly position clients when news is not as expected.
- Works with team on account planning and updates internal documents as needed.
Client Counseling and Relations
- Establishes good rapport with clients and speaks with clients daily about routine activities.
- Attends all client meetings (as needed).
- Injects creativity into client programs.
- Contacts and corresponds with clients in a timely manner; communication increases as individuals gains confidence and demonstrates sensitivity to client culture and expectations.
- Taps senior counselor(s) for advice on handling client situations.
- Recognizes a crisis as it is happening and works with team to identify possible solutions.
- Keep account leads apprised of any potential account issues in a timely manner.
- Effectively tackles increasingly complex writing assignments such as client memos, more sophisticated press releases, case studies, first draft strategy documents, face sheets, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt “style and voice” to client documents reflective of client culture, industry, and use.
- Contributes portions of new business proposals (e.g., research and other creative sections).
- Demonstrates strong skills in thought leadership writing assignments.
- Oversees and edits the writing of others.
- Participates in new business presentations (as appropriate) and takes on more responsibility in drafting segments of new business pitches or proposals.
- Joins industry organization(s) and participates in business networking to increase visibility of the firm and help generate new business leads.
Agency Management Responsibilities
- Fosters positive attitude, works collaboratively as part of the team, and shows enthusiasm among clients and fellow team members.
- Potential supervisory role with junior associates with responsibility for mentoring, training, and performance reviews.
- Provides strategic input into the firm’s IR/corporate communications initiatives in terms of attracting new clients, outlining new products/services to provide clients, and actively supports agency marketing initiatives.
- Assists in recruiting activities and interviews new potential account staff to align with the firms IR/corporate communications initiatives and client accounts.
- Actively participates in the business development initiatives of the firm including pitching, proposal writing and/or review, active networking, and prospecting for potential new clients.
- Effectively sets goals and actively contributes to the firm’s “Standards of Excellence” in order to develop best practices for growth.
- Watches contract due dates and supports account renewals.
- Provides support and insight into agency planning initiatives.
- Previous experience working in health and science communications.
- Previous experience working in investor relations, financial services, or investor relations.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, finance, or a related field.
- Advanced degree in business/finance is a plus.
- Agency and client-facing experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Excellent project, organization, and time management skills.
- Deadline driven and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment working with C-suite executives.