Perceptive Xontogeny Venture Fund Raises $210 Million to Support Early-Stage Biotech Startups
Xontogeny and Perceptive Advisors formed a new VC fund know as the Perceptive Xontogeny Venture (PXV) Fund. The challenge was to leverage Perceptive’s well known but not well-publicized brand as one of the largest public equity hedge funds and Xontogeny’s reputation as a biotech industry start-up accelerator. Another challenge was to identify broader media channels and content to build recognition of the PXV Fund brand and the differentiated Xontogeny model as compared to other funds. The goal was to maximize impact with business and industry press.
- Create positioning and messaging for the PXV Fund that differentiated it from other traditional early-stage VCs
- Developed high impact press release and media outreach strategy including non-exclusive, embargoed access for highly desired media outlets
- Pitched fund announcement to important media targets and many “out of the box” outlets
- Included limited access interviews for key Perceptive Advisors team members
- Thought leadership series across targeted platforms
- Secured 13 one-on-one interviews with leading publications
- 12 original articles and 1 podcast were written on the launch with 100% positive sentiment and on target messaging
- Press release received 6,370+ views, generated 56 articles, 54 syndicated articles and 172 pickups.
- Total program included 46.8 M earned impressions
- Won Silver Bell Ringer award for media placements and digital/print series