Arena Pharmaceuticals needed to build a long-term value creation story and gain visibility for management expertise and diversified portfolio of unencumbered assets utilizing media, social media and executive thought leadership. They wanted to get ahead of the story with lead product, etrasimod, which has multi-billion dollar potential across multiple indications (namely, gastroenterology and dermatology) and manage the challenge to ensure that the Company’s reputation goes beyond this. Finally, they needed to communicate a broader Arena story including recognition as a long-term sustainable company and to also articulate its broad pipeline opportunity stemming from its historical GPCR platform.
- Craft messages that are both differentiable and approachable to understand critical issues and communication channels within Arena’s bold story
- Identify and develop opportunities to build executive reputation by connecting with industry organizations and expand social media presence
- Create a social media strategy including a social media playbook to define guidelines, channel definition and Arena brand, executive profiles, monthly content calendars & a digital footprint in Twitter and LinkedIn showcasing Arena’s milestones, culture, initiatives and philanthropy.
- Implemented a media focus grounded in targeting publications that aligned with stakeholder mapping and pitching opportunities as clinical candidates advanced through the pipeline, including 7,200+ featured articles, syndicated articles, release pickups and mentions with audience reach and impressions exceeding 500 million
- Created social strategy that has driven 23.3% and 30.7% follower growth in 2021 on LinkedIn and Twitter, respectively.
- Shaped corporate story with a focus on “Care More. Act Differently.” through communications channels targeted at various stakeholders, including employees, shareholders, media, etc.