The VP, Health & GM, Boston Region will join a dynamic Health, Biotech and Medical Technology team. The successful candidate is a hands-on leader and will lead a diverse range of client communications programs with development through pre-approval, approval and post approval HCP and consumer outreach and strong understanding of development process. Rare disease experience, ophthalmology, oncology, and CNS experience is ideal with a keen passion for the health and innovation and keen understanding of complex communications challenges of our client base. The candidate will have proven experience in the sector with prior experience in similar roles. They will know how to build and lead an inspirational office culture that integrates and collaborates with LHS other offices and teams.
As a VP on our team, you will be provided with a clearly articulated and well-supported path for career growth. Growth may include working with our other leading health and science clients across a variety of therapeutic and medical technology categories as well as health policy. The work blends the integration of public and investor relations, with a focus on product and corporate communications and issues/crisis management.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop strong client relationships by providing strategic counsel, building, and leading solid account teams, mentoring, motivating, growing and retaining employees and managing accounts to consistently achieve business objectives.
- Ability to develop and execute on account plans with keen understanding of stakeholders and influencers. Understanding of media, key opinion leaders, investor audiences and more.
- Passion for client relationships and tying results to account success.
- Participate in new business development, company-wide initiatives, and managing finances and resources profitably.
- Develop a strategic vision in collaboration with LHS management team for the Boston office and delivery on the objectives of the vision.
- Lead new business proposals and pitches that result in work we believe matters and makes a difference in our sector.
- Lead, supervise, mentor, and grow the Boston team.
- Ability to understand data, the regulatory process, and the barriers to success.
- Well-developed knowledge of the health ecosystem and how investor and business audiences play a role.
- Current knowledge of the challenges facing the health and science.
- Passion for ideas and moving clients forward into new avenues of thinking.
- Know-how to develop and execute integrated communications strategies and programs including digital and social.
- Leadership and management of relationships with multiple internal and external clients.
- Direct responsibility for organic account growth as well as participating in pitching and securing new business.
- Relevant level of expertise in general business acumen, budget management, communications, leadership, and mentoring skills.
- About 10 – 20 years public relations experience with relevant health agency experience or corporate or both.
- Preferred experience in science related health care public relations accounts including pharma, biotech, medical device/technology and direct-to-consumer product marketing, advocacy, program development and execution, social marketing, and media relations.