The PR Account Supervisor will work with clinical and commercially minded companies on diverse communications programs, including developing public relations strategy, media development, product and corporate communications planning and execution, social programming, and account management. The ideal candidate is an agency minded professional with interests in health who seeks opportunity to utilize prior learnings and build a career in a progressive specialty agency serving clients in health and science innovation. Hybrid or remote opportunity is available based on geographic location of candidate.
Includes, but not limited to the following:
Client Management Responsibilities
- Provides solid recommendations and strategies to client(s) and follows through on those recommendations with flawless execution.
- Opportunity to act as day-to-day lead on designated account(s).
- Works with clients to discern messaging of product(s), data as well as business unit/corporate messaging.
- Develops appropriate strategies to communicate client brand based on the competitive landscape and the news item; can anticipate how message will be received across various audiences.
- Develops and executes client public relations/affairs programs.
- Understands product PR for therapeutic/diagnostic/medical technology product(s) and how to position leading up to commercialization and/or partnership.
- Oversees client budgets and understands how to manage client budgets and expectations.
- Builds relationships based on trust and respect with clients through proactive communications and research into areas where clients are working.
- Works collaboratively with the team on developing health and science focused press releases, fact sheets, and other client documents.
- Ensures documents are finalized through internal protocols to provide clients with error free documents.
- Identifies the most effective tools to get the best job done for clients within a reasonable budget.
- When situation is appropriate, reaches out to third parties such as partner companies or physicians who have authored key data to be presented at medical meetings or, in a medical journal to coordinate quotes, interviews or other details.
- Oversees client timeline and monitors client and competitive news.
- Participates in brainstorming sessions to create opportunities for visibility for clients or to properly position clients when news is not as expected.
- Works with team on account planning and updates internal documents as needed.
Client Counseling and Relations
- Establishes good rapport with clients and speaks with clients daily about routine activities.
- Attends all client meetings (as needed).
- Injects creativity into client programs.
- Contacts and corresponds with clients in a timely manner; communication increases as individuals gains confidence and demonstrates sensitivity to client culture and expectations.
- Taps senior counselor(s) for advice on handling client situations.
- Recognizes a crisis as it is happening and works with team to identify possible solutions.
- Keep account leads apprised of any potential account issues in a timely manner.
Media Relations Responsibilities
- Works on traditional and online media strategies customized to each client’s target audience.
- Actively participates in the identification of media targets for client companies with the assistance of PR tools including Muck Rack and Cision, executes outreach and follow up to select media, and works with team to set up, prepare clients, and execute media interviews.
- Regularly contributes creative ideas for media angles and themes for media pitching.
- Ensures that team properly distributes news over the wire (different for each client).
- Possesses a good understanding of unique media angles and use of analytics for measurement.
Social Media Responsibilities
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding and ability to execute across the following core social marketing areas:
- Social Channel Fluency: possesses a comprehensive understanding of the major social media marketing platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Linkedln, YouTube, blogs), their overall function, the types of content that populate the channels, and displays an ability to apply that knowledge to a brand’s marketing communications.
- Community Management: publishes and manages social channels on behalf of clients; writes and edits copy, engages in timely stakeholder conversation, posts relevant content, captures, and reflects the brand voice of the client, works with Channel Managers for content/copy approval.
- Influencer Campaigns: produces and executes targeted social media influencer campaigns including research and list development, influencer relations, and engagement.
- Monitoring: synthesizes monitoring data into insights and reports back to clients.
- Social Media Auditing: completes a competitive analysis of clients’ social media strategy and channel activation, as well as competitive benchmarking of an industry’s best practices.
- Use of Social Tools: understands the free and paid tools used to execute influencer campaigns, social listening, client monitoring and reporting.
- Ongoing Trend Analysis: stays current on social business trends, tools, and resources for managing, monitoring, and executing social marketing programs.
- Social Participation: follows LaVoie’s social media channels and participates by sharing content and adding to the conversation.
- Effectively tackles increasingly complex writing assignments such as client memos, more sophisticated press releases, case studies, first draft strategy documents, brochures, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt “style and voice” to client documents reflective of client culture, industry, and use (e.g., brochure vs. bylined article vs. blog post, consumer vs. B2B).
- Contributes portions of new business proposals (e.g., research and other creative sections).
- Demonstrates strong skills in thought leadership writing assignments (e.g., bylined articles, op-eds, and white papers).
- Oversees and edits the writing of others.
- Participates in new business presentations (as appropriate) and takes on more responsibility in drafting segments of new business pitches or proposals.
- Joins industry organization(s) and participates in business networking to increase visibility of the firm and help generate new business leads.
Agency Management Responsibilities
- Fosters positive attitude, works collaboratively as part of the team, and shows enthusiasm among clients and fellow team members.
- Potential supervisory role with junior associates with responsibility for mentoring, training, and performance reviews.
- Provides strategic input into the firm’s PR initiatives in terms of attracting new clients, outlining new products/services to provide clients, and actively supports agency marketing initiatives.
- Assists in recruiting activities and interviews new potential account staff to align with the firms PR initiatives and client accounts.
- Actively participates in the business development initiatives of the firm including pitching, proposal writing and/or review, active networking, and prospecting for potential new clients.
- Provides input into branding of the firm including outreach to PR publications and updating of the firm’s website.
- Effectively sets goals and actively contributes to the firm’s “Standards of Excellence” in order to develop best practices for growth.
- Ensures agency has active relationships with third party vendors such as graphic artists, printers, web service providers, wire services, etc. to fulfill client needs.
- Oversees management of account staff time against approved client budgets, works with VP, Finance to update budgets accordingly.
- Watches contract due dates and supports account renewals.
- Provides support and insight into agency planning initiatives.
- Previous experience working in health and science communications.
- Agency and client-facing experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.