Office Manager is a motivated and adaptable individual to primarily support CEO and to work closely with the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in a fast-growing strategic communications health and science focused agency. As a strategist and implementer, the individual will ensure streamlined activities within the organization based on the priorities of the CEO and SLT. Office Manager will handle day-to-day management of personnel to allow CEO to focus on growing the firm.
Office Manager will be the right hand to our CEO—able to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems. The Office Manager is responsible for conserving the CEO’s time by prioritizing items that need attention and reminding as appropriate. The Executive Assistant represents the CEO by welcoming visitors, reviewing correspondence, answering questions and meeting requests directed at the CEO. Office Manager is responsible for streamlining processes and set up procedures to optimize the CEO’s time to give her the flexibility to focus less on the details and more on the big picture of growing the agency. In addition, the Office Manager would support the COO & VP of Finance working on finance and operation projects, as well as assisting with new business efforts as needed.
Includes, but not limited to the following:
Office Manager/Executive Assistant Responsibilities
- Gatekeeping – Assess inquires directed to the CEO, determine the proper course of action and delegate to the appropriate individual to manage
- Calendar/Meeting Management – Managing the CEO’s calendar by booking meetings, conference calls, and travel. This responsibility includes meeting with the CEO at the end of every day to go over the calendar for the next day, reminding the CEO about upcoming deadlines, and consistently reviewing the CEO’s calendar to anticipate any issues or conflicts that may arise and work on resolving them before it becomes a crisis.
- Support SVP Finance & Operations with special projects on an as needed basis.
- Support HR & recruiting process by scheduling and coordinating details of candidate interviews whether online or in-person.
- Be the eyes and ears of the CEO, staying ahead of the CEO’s schedule and anticipating needs
- Coordinate the execution of the Agency’s initiatives and working with the COO as needed on projects related to the successful operation of the agency.
- Coordinate things related to agency’s outside firm on IT infrastructure with CEO/COO’s guidance and working with finance assistant
- Acting as a liaison between the CEO and her clients and employees.
- Preclear visitors and submit Covid-10 questionnaire prior to visitors coming into office.
- Promoting the corporate image internally and externally.
- Develop and directs the planning of agency’s projects/initiatives.
- Oversees coordination of team’s effort required to successfully complete projects.
- Supporting the team in keeping track of new business inquiries and prospects.
- Cultivate/Foster LHS’ culture
- Helping/Adapting to Remote Working/Rotation Schedule Environment
- Work with CEO on marketing and culture development, including initiatives such as BIO events, Life Science Cares and more.
- Impeccable managerial and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with SLT and the rest of the staff
- Able to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
- Effective, versatile and actional oriented
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter with a demonstrated ability to take action and make things happen.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as a strong proofreading ability.
- Desire to learn and willingness to do whatever it takes to maintain a successful client relationship.
- Ability to work under deadlines and manage time effectively.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Completing projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving, and adjusting plans as needed.
- Improving operational efficiency by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; then implementing change.
- Unflappable personality.