Collaborates with and supports the IR team in developing and executing the IR strategy for clients, operating plans, budget, and the global IR program. The primary operating objective of the IR program is to educate and update investors and analysts about the company to achieve a fair relative stock price. The program must accurately represent and reflect the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Strategic Counsel: Collaborate with IR team to plan and implement a global investor relations program for the firm’s clients, including strategy (linked to client’s strategy), budget, and the detailed execution of the IR strategic plan.
- This includes strategic (integrated) communications support to ensure alignment with the overarching communications strategy and consistency of messages in all external facing communications.
- IR Event Management: Play central role in planning and logistical execution of IR events, such as investor webinars, R&D and Capital Markets Days, virtual and hybrid non-deal road shows. This would include overall project management, engaging and managing vendors, securing meeting space and webcast capabilities, supervising creation of event branding and marketing efforts, audience acquisition and follow up reporting.
- Conference Support: Take leading role in identifying appropriate investor conference in which the client can participate and present. Work with IR team to maintain conference calendar and support client registration process and 1×1 meeting schedule where appropriate.
- Corporate Materials Development: Assist efforts to create and update corporate and investor relations assets, including corporate presentations, videos, fact sheets, etc.
- Investor Outreach Support: Work with senior IR team members to target and conduct outreach on the client’s behalf to appropriate banker, analyst and investor targets. Manage meeting making activities, including in-person and virtual meetings for client. Work with IR team to maintain customer relationship management (CRM) system to track engagement with IR targets.
- Supports the collection and analysis of relative stock price movements, investors’ and analysts’ perceptions and opinions, and stock ownership.
- Performs support, analysis, and creation of recommendations for the company’s disclosure policy and the Disclosure Policy Group, which consists of the CEO, CFO, General Counsel, Communication Officer, the IRO, and selected IR staff members. Maintains the record of information disclosed by the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or communications-related field.
- 5 years of experience in investor and media relations
- Ability to manage account logistics and to assist team in meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of the requirements of exchanges (Nasdaq, NYSE, etc.) is preferred
- Exhibits strong understanding of IR/analyst relations, PR/communications, social/digital landscape, online measurement and analytics
- Possess a high level of strategic thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to provide a clean copy (e.g., typo-free and grammatically correct)
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must demonstrate creativity, enthusiasm, and have customer service skills
- Close attention to detail and a keen eye for aesthetics