Finance & Operations Intern – Support Agency’s finance and operations initiatives with the potential opportunity to support new business development
The role of the intern is to support its finance and operations initiatives with the potential opportunity to support new business development. Reporting to COO/VP of Finance, the finance and operations intern will assist with day-to-day finance/operations.
This is a part-time seasonal position (40 hours/week for 3 months). Desired duration of the position is July 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020.
The Responsibilities (includes, but not limited to the following):
Support Agency’s Operations/Finance Initiatives:
- Assisting Accounts receivables/Accounts Payables Process
- Assisting bank reconciliation process and credit cards/expense tracking
- Assisting Agency’s IT infrastructure with COO’s guidance
- Assisting/managing contractor/vendor agreements
- Assisting/managing clients’ agreements
- Assisting office management functions of ordering supplies, making sure office environment is clean and professional, organizing internal client meetings, and assisting with any other needs that arise.
- Other operational/finance support
Support New Business as needed:
- Track recent initial public offering and drug approval announcements for potential outreach
- Mailings with new brochure
- Research, compose, circulate and file new business backgrounders prior to introductory call with potential client.
- Pipedrive Administration
- Add contacts, companies and opportunities into CRM system
- Support initiatives to generate and set up new business meetings during conferences
- E-mail campaigns
- Outreach through partnering portal
- Updating partnering portal bios
- Tracking meeting acceptances and putting together schedule
- Support preparation for new business meetings and calls as needed
- Support request for proposal projects as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & MINDSET
- Strong interest in financial and operational management
- Strong attention to detail
- Fundamental understanding of accounting
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration
- An individual who can handle a variety of constituencies, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities