We’re searching for a Vice President/Director of New Business who will work with the leadership team to network, position and market LaVoieHealthScience to drive growth in the health and science innovation sector.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
New Business Leadership:
- Serve as a new business expert, stewarding the process and creating best practices based on experience.
- Lead RFP (Request for Proposal)/Pitch activity.
- Thoroughly review and understand proposal ask and help craft RFPs and pitch presentations.
- Align pitches appropriately with the right staff – ensure the capability mix is correct and that the marketing team is leveled appropriately to deliver.
- Project manage mid-large size proposals and pitches, defining timing, coordinating with leads to assign team, and ensuring roles/responsibilities are clear.
- Develop written content for agency collateral, RFPs, case studies, and credentials presentations.
- Able to create client presentations, written communications, creative elements and other project-related content pieces as directed.
- Ensure team delivers high quality work on strategy, and on time.
- Become an expert for work, cases, people, and more.
Plan & Prospect:
- Work with VP to create and execute marketing and prospecting strategy for agency, helping to develop outreach materials and contact planning.
- Conducts in-depth research on new business leads and prospects, past marketing campaigns and corporate announcements, and find useful insights for pitching new business.
- Understand fully the prospective client’s business including in therapeutic or medical technology category, aligning talent and expertise as well as prior agency work for success.
- Can effectively and professionally articulate core LHS value proposition, capabilities and offerings with prospective clients to help vet and identify potential opportunities.
- Track and solicit office wide updates on opportunities, reporting on a regular basis.
- Develop people within the team and across capabilities by coaching, identifying areas for growth, celebrating successes, managing promotion process, keeping an open dialogue with the team, identifying training opportunities.
- Lead more junior members of the team by providing guidance, establishing goals and providing an appropriate level of feedback on a regular basis.
- Establish and grow relationships across capabilities.
- Is a mature, calm leader of the internal cross-functional team – inspires team to strive for superior client work and results.
- Actively pursue opportunities to share intellectual capital across the organization.
- Demonstrate mature leadership and empathy in difficult team situations – leads by example.
To qualify, you’ll need:
- 8+ years experience driving growth within an agency landscape
- Experience with PR, consulting and IR agencies
- Understanding of small, emerging agency environments strongly preferred
- Understanding of the life science ecosystem, as well as medical technology landscape and client needs in sector
- Strong communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong people management skills
- Strong client management skills
- Strong analytic and strategic abilities
- Candidate must be open to travel as needed
LHS is an equal opportunity employer and information is confidential according to EEO guidelines.