Join a health science focused integrated communications agency and be part of the agency’s second phase of growth. Strong detail oriented public relations/communications professional needed for growing life science/biopharmaceutical practice. Position requires solid experience in account management including press releases, backgrounders and other communications materials, investor and media pitching, development, and execution of corporate presentations, assisting in development of public relations and investor relations plans and investor perception audits. Experience in event planning and execution would be a plus.
Successful candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter with 3-5 years of agency or related experience in healthcare, in particular for biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries or healthcare technology. With a passion for innovation and the interest in working with some of the most innovation companies in healthcare, the candidate will have the ability to be part of a dynamic and growing industry and team. Strong time management skills and an unflappable personality as well as a proven ability to write effective communications are all skills that are crucial to this role. Undergraduate degree in communications, public relations or finance is preferred.
Support new business activities including researching potential leads, attending weekly new business meetings, preparing agendas and recaps from weekly meetings, working with senior leadership team to develop capabilities decks, attend and run slide presentations during new business pitches, and updating customer relationship management system, Pipedrive.
Includes, but not limited to the following:
- Achieves basic competency and is learning the business of health and science.
- Continues to gain proficiency in other PR techniques such as social media, media relations, virtual events, speaking engagements, awards, and surveys as well as media monitoring and competitive intelligence reporting.
- Demonstrates turnkey account management on a small account or discrete segment of a larger account, in addition to providing support when assigned to clients.
- Executes core program tactics daily and can write a media or investor pitch with results in trade media, gaining traction with broader media.
- Readily takes on additional responsibility / accounts (based on workload).
- Achieves basic competency within the healthcare and health and science-oriented industry.
- Regularly contributes creative ideas for media angles and themes for media pitching.
- Masters basic media pitching skills and develops the ability to work effectively with top-tier print, online, and broadcast media.
- Exhibits progress in creating media relations strategies around components of client media campaigns.
- Demonstrates competence in preparing clients for media interviews through development of question-and-answer documents, orchestrating coordination with C-suite.
- Teaches junior staff about media relations, while executing on all media relations activities.
Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding and ability to execute across the following core social marketing areas:
- Social Channel Fluency: possesses a comprehensive understanding of the major social media marketing platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Linkedln, YouTube, blogs), their overall function, the types of content that populate the channels, and displays an ability to apply that knowledge to a brand’s marketing communications.
- Community Management: publishes and manages social channels on behalf of LaVoie’s clients; writes and edits copy, engages in timely stakeholder conversation, posts relevant content, captures and reflects the brand voice of the client; works with account leaders for content/copy approval.
- Influencer Campaigns: produces and executes targeted social media influencer campaigns including research and list development, influencer relations, and engagement.
- Monitoring: synthesizes monitoring data into insights and reports back to clients.
- Social Media Auditing: completes a competitive analysis of an individual company’s social media strategy and channel activation, as well as competitive benchmarking of an industry’s best practices.
- Use of Social Tools: understands the free and paid tools used to execute influencer campaigns, social listening, client monitoring and reporting.
- Ongoing Trend Analysis: stays current on social business trends, tools, and resources for managing, monitoring, and executing social marketing programs.
- Social Participation: follows LaVoie’s social media channels and participates by sharing content and adding to the conversation.
- Can effectively tackle increasingly complex writing assignments such as client memos, more sophisticated press releases, case studies, first draft strategy documents, brochures etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt “style and voice” to client documents reflective of client culture, industry, and use (e.g., brochure vs. bylined article vs. blog post, consumer vs. B2B).
- Contributes portions of new business proposals (e.g., research and other creative sections).
- Demonstrates the skills in thought leadership writing assignments (e.g., bylined articles, op-eds and white papers).
- Oversees and edits the writing of others.
Client Counseling and Relations
- Establishes good rapport with clients and speaks with them daily about routine activities.
- Attends all client meetings (as needed).
- Injects creativity into client programs.
- Contacts and corresponds with clients; communication increases as individuals gains confidence and demonstrates sensitivity to client culture and expectations.
- Taps senior counselor(s) for advice on handling client situations.
- Recognizes a crisis as it’s happening and creates possible solutions.
- Understands senior client counselors need to be consulted.
- Participates in sales presentations (as appropriate) and takes on more responsibility in drafting segments of proposals.
- Joins industry organization(s) and participates in business networking to increase visibility of the firm and help generate sales leads.